Last October 22, more than 600 people attended the Lord Mayor’s Business Awards night at the Brisbane City Hall. The LMBA Awards recognised SensaWeb and other Brisbane-based innovators and entrepreneurs on their contribution to the city’s vibrant centre of innovation and enterprise.
SensaWeb is honored to be recognised along with the other finalists and receive special mention for the Xero Award for Outstanding Micro Business.
In 2019, SensaWeb also received The Lord Mayor’s Global Entrepreneur Grant which provided opportunities for the start-up to introduce its radiation monitoring technology to local and international markets.
At the gala event, Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner recognised the local start-ups that were a big part of the city’s economic recovery. These businesses are from various industries including food technology, healthcare and social enterprise.
“Congratulations to all of the 2021 winners for their outstanding contributions to our city’s economy, and to the finalists, for their incredible involvement in making Brisbane a better place to do business. Your collective leadership, innovation, and resilience over yet another challenging year gives me great confidence in Brisbane’s future,” he said.
Here is the list of winners for LMBA 2021:
- Helios Brewing – Urban Utilities Award for Environmental Sustainability in Business
- Leap in! Australia – Hutchinson Builders Award for Outstanding Social Enterprise
- Nourish’d – CCIQ Award for Outstanding Small Business
- Ellume – Accenture Australia Award for Product Innovation
- Swyftx – ANZ Award for High-Growth Business
- Future Anything – Xero Award for Outstanding Micro Business
- Emesent – HSBC Award for Excellence in International Business
- Microba Life Science – Australia Pacific LNG Award for Business Innovation
- Watkins Steel – ISPT Award for Investment in Brisbane
- Alex Harper, Swyftx – Port of Brisbane Award for Young Business Person of the Year
- Phillip Di Bella – The Coffee Commune, New Farm – The Courier-Mail Award for Business Person of the Year
- Watkins Steel – Optus Enterprise Platinum Award